A Little Piece of Paradise called Gokarna

A tribute to a place, that I am to this day, completely enchanted with, Gokarna. I hope I do it justice...

 

DSCF4037

 

A silent haze covers me,
Passing sand tickle my feet,
The sea sings me a lullaby,
As my mind roams free.
A silent rain keeps me company,
Along with friends equally carefree.
Our bonds lay severed in the hills behind,
At long last making us free.
I look at this life like never before;
Life it seems is easier lived vicariously.
Memories play out like vivid stories,
The future like an unfinished book
Unsure but expectant.
Paradise I found on a deserted shore,
But have since been left wanting.
Forever yearning that isolation 
In a world all to social. . . . .

 

Now to a majority reading this, poetry might come as a surprise but I used to write a long time ago. And this was as good a reason as any to return to the habit. All comments and critiques are welcome.



7 comments:

aks said...

nice one.. I'd like to see your previous one's here too. I only remember sadness

Hema said...

Poetry?!? :O There's a part of you I never knew existed! Nice one though :)

Unknown said...

looks like you're enchanted with the ear of a cow,
it lead you to write poetry again and how,
it visualises the place, makes real the sound,
and gives us the taste of paradise tht you found.
this part of you i knew was there,
other ppl intruded, but i did not dare,
i remm you writing poems in LFJC,
sometimes asking for words, even from me.
it will be nice to see those also,
it is all up to you though.
may a many more things take you to rhyme,
so that even i can reply in kind. :)

@hema: you and shruthi used to bug harysh abt his poems. i distinctly remember harysh showing you some poems, even if he dint want to.

Hema said...

@Devika : :D Good one! And seriously huh? I somehow don't seem to recall that at all!

Glenn Danthi said...

Teachers my friend ...teachers! :)

Unknown said...

This is going to be a long one so brace yourselves.
First and foremost thank u all for the kind words.. means a lot :) ..
specially devika who took commenting a step further ;)..

@akshay.. what u said made me go back to a lot of the stuff i wrote a couple of years ago and while a lot of the early stuff was personal and I'd rather not share those.. a lot like sadness, unsung hero and a few others arent entirely.. and those are ones I really hold dear.. but this being a rather public domain I have so far refrained from posting here.. but lets see..

@hema.. what can i say I'm full of surprises.. but like devika said I vaguely remember telling u that i do write.. though I dont think i ever showed u any of my work..

@devika.. yes i remember clarifying and asking words from a you a bunch a times for some of my poems during old college days.. and thank u very much for the poem comment (poemment -ha! new word ) might inspire me to post more of em to see what u come up with next ;)

@glenn.. absolutely my friend.. i KNEW u of all people were sure to comment here.. and u said exactly what I thought ud say.. and u owe me btw :)

Hema said...

Try a private poetry blog then :)